Calls for help came in early today!

Matthew, 62, in prison for 32 years:

I couldn't breathe, I could hardly walk, but the nurse lied on my visit form and said I was breathing good and walking fast. So I got no medical care. I went back the next day, and was arguing with the nurse when tbe doctor walked by. I called him over, and said "I've got a problem." The doctor listened to me breathe, looked at my ankles, then said to the nurse: "Call an ambulance!" I flat-lined in the ambulance, then was in the hospital for 12 days for congestive heart failure. Today I'm back in general population. I want to
-seek a medical commutation
-find an attorney who'll help me take legal action.


HFP, WILL YOU HELP?


Paul, 43, in prison for nearly 15 years:

Even though I killed no one, my court-appointed attorney encouraged me to plea to second degree. I received LIFE anyway. My prison record is great, I have a wonderful family support group, but after 14 1/2 years here I can't stand the thought of spending the rest of my life here. I have home and job waiting. I would like to try to have my sentence commuted. I don't know how to do that.

HFP, WILL YOU HELP?


Cara, 31, in prison for a year on a questionable charge:

I just received my notice that I am to meet with someone from the Parole Board. My mother and father are old, and live on the other side of the state. They don't have a car. I would love to have someone at my side. I'm afraid I won't say the right things! I'm a single mom with a small child.

HFP, WILL YOU HELP?


Of course we'll help, but we absolutely cannot do this alone! Our funding is drying up, we're good at what we do and we'll respond quickly, but we need YOU at OUR side right now.

SUPPORTERS OF HFP, WILL YOU HELP?

HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS
P.O. Box 687
Grand Haven, MI 49417

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread