Are you feeling alone today?

Then let me tell you about the plight of Ms. D, whom we are helping to file a commutation application. When you seek release from prison, you must first assure the state that you have a place to live:

This probably sounds pitiful, Doug, but I have nowhere to go when I leave here!
My mother and oldest brother are deceased
My sister chose her husband over our relationship
My surviving brother is a drug addict
The friends I had when I came to prison slowly faded away
The ones I have now are ex-felons and have gone home.
Maybe I'll have to go to a shelter.


Says Robert Montgomery:

“Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest”

Unless you don't have one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread