Kind words of a prisoner

HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS is more than that: It is HUMANITY FOR PEOPLE!

There was a day when I was serving not one but two life sentences for crimes I did not commit. The courts continued to turn me down. I was at wit's end.

Then Doug Tjapkes came into my life. Not only did he restore hope to me, but much more importantly, faith. Shortly after that, I was crippled by back surgery. Doug was there.

Now I write this with a parole date within the next 30 days, and again it is because of Doug. HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS stood up for me, pulled me up by my bootstraps, and got me through a very arduous commutation process. Today, I have not one commutation, but two!

How do you say "thank you" for someone giving you your life back?

I plan to do everything in my power to make Doug proud of his accomplishment in this case. The way I see it, HFP not only helps out prisoners, it helps out people, it helps out society as a whole by giving people back dignity, self worth, hope and even sometimes hard-earned freedom. HFP could easily stand for HUMANITY FOR PEOPLE!

No words will ever express my gratitude for Doug, his family and his organization.

Ron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread