Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Would you be so kind as to do a prisoner a favor today?

Take a moment, look in your wallet, and see if you spot anything green. If so, take that green piece of currency, slip it into an envelope and mail it to HFP. The smallest bill means much in times like these! Prisoners will benefit, and St. Patty would be pleased.

As a bonus, I offer this beautiful Irish prayer, which you may wish to share with someone else today:

Dear Lord,
Give me a few friends
who will love me for what I am,
and keep ever burning
before my vagrant steps
the kindly light of hope...
And though I come not within sight
of the castle of my dreams,
teach me to be thankful for life,
and for time's olden memories
that are good and sweet.
And may the evening's twilight
find me gentle still.

Thank you, in advance, from many behind bars, and may you have a wonderful day!


Doug Tjapkes
HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS
20 W. Muskegon Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49440

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread