There, but for the grace of God...

I had a meeting with our county prosector the other day. I'm toying with the idea of writing a novel, not because I'm such a great writer, but because I see so many common, ordinary people ending up behind bars. People who are not criminals. Ron confirmed my thoughts.

The fact is that a huge number of people behind bars wish they could take back a few fateful seconds of their lives, seconds during which they made one rash, thoughtless move. They had never been in trouble before, had never been arrested, had never been in prison and were very much like you and me.

But for a great percentage of people, they made one stupid mistake, and they're spending the rest of their lives regretting it.

For another larger percentage than you might imagine, the wrong person was accused of a crime, and convicted, and sentenced.

Add up those two totals and you have a country with the largest percentage of people in prison in the world. And many of them who have no business being there.

My whole point is that it is very easy to ignore this subject. Many people refuse to support our organization,not because they don't like us, but because they don't see why they should help someone in prison. They have no idea how simple it is to get in there, and how difficult it is to get out.

I would not have known that if I hadn't plunged into the Maurice Carter case. I invite you to read the story in the book SWEET FREEDOM. It'll change your mind.

Believe me, it can happen to you. I'm going to show, in my new book, just how simple the procedure can be.

For now, we need your help and support, as we continue to befriend people just like you and me who, because of some unusual chapter in their lives, wound up behind bars.

There, but for the grace of God... .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread