On starting the day

I've always believed in getting a good start each day. Nutritionists claim that a good breakfast is important. Preachers claim that devotions are important. Body builders claim that exercise is important.

In a busy lifestyle it's easy to ignore any or all, but I think we can agree that it's good to try.

My friend Bee Bee, who has been in prison for 40 years, has a different take on it. He thinks the right frame of mind is absolutely essential.

Doug, I have this ritual I try to follow every morning when I get up, and every evening before I go to sleep.

I listen to this one gospel song by Waler Hawkins entitled LIVE IN ME JESUS.

Live in me Jesus, have your way in me
I'll be flesh for you Jesus
If you'll be spirit for me
So live in me Jesus and have your way in me.
I'll be your legs to walk,
I'll be your mouth to talk,
I'll say whatever you want me to say Lord
To show the world that you love.

With so much darkness and distraction in the prison environment, this ritual helps to keep me centered and focused on helping rather than ridiculing.


Tell you what, how's about you and me taking time to follow Bee Bee's pattern today. And then let's both agree to do more helping and less ridiculing.

Deal?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread