a meaningful Thanksgiving

I was able to give my friend James the most incredible Thanksgiving message today.

James has been in prison almost 30 years. He was guilty of assault, but he turned his life around.

While in prison he has moved mountains for law enforcement.

Now he's seeking a commutation of his sentence, well deserved for a number of reasons. But here's the exciting news I was able to deliver.

The Prosecutor who put him away 28 years ago is now leading the fight to get him released!

I've never seen this before. I know many former and present prosecutors. They are really good friends, but I gotta tellya, these guys are prosecutors.

The man who put James away is so convinced that he deserves a new crack at life that he has written a three-page letter pleading with the Parole Board to give him a chance. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it.

Well, HFP is in the middle of this effort, and it makes me so proud.

I was the middle man today. I had the opportunity to tell this man in prison that the prosecutor who put him away will lead the effort next week to ask for a recommendation for commutation by the Michigan Parole Board. And I was able to tell him that this former prosecutor, now retired, is supported in his position by key people in the Michigan State Police and the FBI.

Thanksgiving Day is very special for James this year. And for good reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread