I was in prison and you visited me

My buddy Don Boyink died late last month. He was 72, far too young to go home. I played the piano for his funeral service exactly two weeks ago today.

I didn't see Don often. Chances are, if I did, it would be in prison. I would be in prison making calls on behalf of HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS. Don was a volunteer who served on a local prison ministry team.

He'll be remembered by many, many prisoners. He logged thousands of Michigan miles each year vising prisons.

One of the persons who delivered a eulogy at his service was a recently released prisoner.

A fellow-worker said that Don faithfully prepared and mailed a newsletter to over 40 people in prison each month.

I suspect that among the first words he heard was that familiar saying of Jesus: I was in prison and you visited me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread