An outrage! My heart is broken

Late word from my dear friend Chanda, whose husband was wrongly convicted in North Dakota as the result of a fairgrounds brawl. This is a Bosnian family, but only her husband was not yet a citizen. Yesterday, the feds met to decide whether her husband could remain in the United States with his wife and four children, as he is now considered a convicted criminal. This morning, in my email messages, this heartbreaking letter:

---- Original Message ----- From: "Chanda Hidanovic" <chidanovic@pdssleep.com>To: "Doug Tjapkes" <thedouger@chartermi.net>Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 9:41 PM

Once again Doug I get to share bad news with you. The immigration court decided to deport Mevludin. I will be taking some time away from work and the computer this coming week. Devastated is not even the word to describe how I am feeling. The pain is like grieving from death. The thought of leavng my kids and family is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.I appreciate everything you have done for us more than you will ever know. I just wish I could have repaid it. I thought one day when Mevludin and I were back on our feet I could have been one of those people helping you financially. I really cared about "our" cause and had really believed that we would be one of the sucess stories. I held the hope for a long time. All the letters I received from your supporters moved me to tears. It helped me have that hope that things will get better again. Anyway Doug, I wish there could be a time or place to repay you. I almost feel like I know you personally. I can only hope that God has a bigger plan for us. Although I will never understand why we had to endure this.

Love,Chanda

PLEASE KEEP THIS FAMILY IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

Doug Tjapkes
HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS
20 W. Muskegon Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49440

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread