Take two aspirin and call me in the morning

This 61 year old Michigan prisoner asked his warden to assist him in seeking a medical commutation. The inmate's brother contacted us.

I had two mild heart attacks;
I had open heart surgery (5 bypass)
I have been diagnosed with diabetes
My blood pressure is too high
I am anemic
I have now been diagnosed with a lung disease
I have 100% dysfunction in one eye
My hearing is very bad
I take 11 different pills a day and carry nitroglycerin at all times.

We'll check the medical records to verify all of this, but if it is true, do you think he would still be around when the warden agrees to help?

DIRECT QUOTE OF MEMO FROM THE WARDEN:

A review of your file indicates that you have only served 17 years of your life sentence, and although you do have some health concerns, I am not willing to submit a commutation request on your behalf at this time. After you have served 25 years of your life sentence, please feel free to contact this office and your file will again be evaluated for referral.

I'll bet that it costs more than $35,000 a year to care for this prisoner! Your tax dollars and mine.

Doug Tjapkes
HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS
20 W. Muskegon Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49440

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread