If words were dollars...

we'd be rich!!!

I received a call at the HFP office a few minutes ago from a prisoner.

I remember when his closest friend first contacted us. The man was in a prison in the middle of nowhere, and never had visitors. We went to see him.

I remember when he began experiencing serious medical issues. We fought for him.

I remember when he needed someone at his side for a parole board interview. I was there.

I remember when a public hearing was set to consider commutation of his sentence. His friend and I were the only two persons to testify.

A man who years ago had no hope is now excited about getting out of prison, now has a vision for the future, and most importantly has been spiritually revitalized enabling him to see life through a different lens!

Concluding our lively discussion, came the words: "Luvya, brother!"

Priceless!

Luvya, HFP supporters!

Doug

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread