Their words, your words, His words

4:00 AM

I can't sleep, and by 4 this afternoon I'll be paying the price.

I was troubled by their words:

-Those of a mom whose son (in prison) cannot get DNA testing to prove that he was not the father of a dead new-born, left in a toilet by his frightened step-daughter;

-Those of a mom whose frightened son (in prison), driving through snowy white-out on a pitch-black night, felt his car hit something but told no-one. The pedestrian died;

-Those of a daughter whose battered mom is going to prison because her father, while struggling to kill her mom with a shotgun, took the blast himself. He died.

-Those of my friend whose Bosnian husband is threatened with deportation over a wrongful conviction, and who drives four hours one way to see him in a federal facility, only to encounter uncaring prison officials and heartless prison rules, concluded by a husband-wife conversation via video cam, limited to 20 minutes.

I was encouraged by your words:

"We were touched, once again, by your recent letter to the editor."

"We REALLY BELIEVE in what you are doing!"

"You will always have my deepest respect and support as you often stand alone to bring a better quality of life and hope to the forgotten and discarded."

I was comforted by His words:

Come to me and I will give you rest, take my yoke upon you, it is easy and my burden is light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread