HFP needs you!

We must talk. This shaky economy is doing a number on us!

I think that it is important for you to know how we use donations.

Last Thursday I was in Jackson to testify in a commutation hearing for Mr. R., WHO WAS WRONGLY CONVICTED AND GIVEN IMPROPER MEDICAL CARE! In a letter just before the hearing he said: I will never be able to find the words that will express my gratitude in my heart for all you have done and still do for me, I shall never forget again the way love and peace can change a life.

On September 23 I will be in Jackson to testify in a commutation hearing for Mr. K., WHO WAS SUFFERING EXCRUCIATING PAIN AND DYING IN PRISON! In a recent letter he said: I know that no one has worked as hard as you have and without your intervention I’d still be back where I was before. Words will never be able to cover my gratitude for all you have done.

BOTH OF THESE MESSAGES COULD BE DIRECTED TO THOSE WHO SUPPORT US!

We do not receive foundation grants. I am asking YOU to hold us up with your prayers, and YOU to help us pay our bills. I can optimistically report that we look forward to an exciting future! But I would be less than honest with you if I didn’t inform you that, in order to maintain our amazing track record of prisoner advocacy, we need some immediate generous contributions.

As you think about enabling us to serve the less fortunate, please consider this statement from this saint:

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. Mother Theresa

With your help and prayers, we’ll continue to advocate for the wrongly convicted prisoner, the one deserving parole and/or commutation, that inmate not getting appropriate medical care, the dying convict being ignored or mistreated; and we pledge to continue helping the released to get jobs and lodging and food and dignity!

Yours in the service of helping the least of these,

Douglas J. Tjapkes, President

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread