Happy Labor Day to 6 of the best friends Michigan prisoners ever had!

Last week I mentioned the names of the Humanity for Prisoners team when I reported on the meaningful honor that we had received. No one deserves that Justice Warrior Award more than Mark, Carmen, Sarah, Brad, Jen and Joe! Yes, they all have titles but, in our office, we don’t let title or seniority get in our way. When one needs help, the others pitch in.

On this Labor Day I think it’s important that we recognize the dedication to justice, dignity, and advocacy that this HFP group has for those who are often forgotten. It’s a profound form of labor! As the founder of this impactful organization I know, first-hand, that these efforts are heavy, continuous, and rarely receive public thanks. This team labors year-round in the toughest corners of our justice system to bring hope and dignity to incarcerated men and women in all of Michigan’s correctional facilities. 

On Labor Day, 2026, thank you for showing up every single day to be a voice, a lifeline, and a force for change. We see you, we value you, and we hope you get some well-earned rest on this holiday!" 

On Labor Day, 2026, thank you for your fierce dedication and unwavering support. Enjoy a restful and restorative holiday—you have truly earned it! 

On Labor Day, 2026, I join thousands and thousands of Michigan prison inhabitants in thanking you for your relentless commitment to human rights and legal justice. We know, by the words of gratitude received from behind bars, that your year-round efforts create a profound impact on individuals, families, and communities. Your slogan to the incarcerated, as you provide this compassionate assistance each day, is “You Matter!” Yes, they do matter…and so do you! 

On Labor Day, 2026, this old man just wants the 6 of you (as well as all the volunteers!) to know that I am incredibly proud of your work! 

"Let us not become weary in doing good” ---Galatians 6:39



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maurice Henry Carter March 29, 1944 – October 25, 2004

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Eating behind bars---a hidden punishment