Thanks! From both sides of bars!

For the incarcerated, there isn’t a long list of things to be thankful for. As we approached the holiday this year, I just grabbed a sample of messages from prisoners received in the HFP office in just one day! 

John: “Thank you for your quick response about the Flu and Covid shots.”

Jen: “You guys are the only ones that seem to be able to get a response as to my need and I am so thankful for your concern.”

Joe: “Thanks for being there for us. God bless!”

Shane: “Thank you for all of your compassionate help. I greatly appreciate it.”

Jason: “Thank you so much for your time, and thank you for the Clean Slate Act forms.”

Chris: “I just wanted to thank you for sending me the parole plan packet…it is very informative.”

Andre: “I am so thankful for you and those who work with you.”

Sybil: “Thank you so much for all the wonderful services offered.”

Charles: “Thanks for the info on the parole board questions.”

Daniel: “Thank you for all you do! IT'S TRULY APPRECIATED!!!”

August: “Please let everybody at Humanity For Prisoners know I said THANKS FOR THEIR HELP!”

Mike: “Thank you for all you do.”

Terry: “May GOD continue to bless you for the work you do.” 

And from Cornelius, at Thanksgiving time:

“I’m thanking God daily for blessing me with you and your colleagues. I thank him for giving you all a caring heart, and the joy that you all give me for your support and effort in helping me. God bless you all and your families.” 

I’m thankful that God used a crooked stick like me to get all of this started. 

I’m thankful for all past and present directors, staffers and volunteers, without whom these services would not/could not be provided. 

I’m thankful for wonderful supporters/partners who remember us with finances and prayers, encouragement and kind words, optimism and yes, inspiration! 

For this new morning with its light,

Father, we thank you.

For rest and shelter of the night,

Father, we thank you.

For health and food, for love and friends,

For everything your goodness sends,

Father in heaven, we thank you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread