September, you responded to our appeals, and we had to ask ourselves
Are we good stewards with your dollars?
And prisoners answered with a resounding
· A woman walked into freedom, her parole problems resolved: It couldn’t have happened without YOU…you were a God-send!
· An ex-convict turned his life around after spending 11 years on a wrongful conviction, and told members of his church: I would serve the 11 years again if I knew that I could have THIS kind of life!
· An African American prisoner, after hearing Doug speak, said: All my life I’ve had problems with white people, until now. I was blessed by your words! I praise God for your work!
· An elderly inmate, abandoned in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, upon being informed by HFP that his case is now being reviewed by a top Canadian innocence project, broke down and wept: Thank God! You’re the first visitor I’ve had in five years!
· A man who cared for the late Maurice Carter when he was very ill in prison is now being considered for release: Will you say a kind word at my public hearing?
· A prisoner, upon hearing Doug question whether HFP was making gains, tightly grasped his hand: You’re winning, Doug. You’re winning!
· A scholar of the Bible, behind bars, counseled Doug: God always finishes what he begins!
More than 60 prisoners (needy, mentally ill, physically ill, abandoned, feeling unloved, frightened, claiming innocence, deserving freedom, dying) contacted HFP in September. We need your continued support in order to respond in mercy.
THESE INMATES, CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD, THANK YOU FOR CARING!
HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS
P.O. Box 687
Grand Haven, MI 49417