on saying "Thank you!"

A wonderful supporter of HFP surprised me this week. He and his lovely wife, once again, displayed generosity like nothing we have ever encountered since getting into this "prisoner" business. My mother taught me to always say thanks, and I really try. And I'll assure of this: We say "thank you" to the wife of a prisoner who gives us one dollar a month, just as much as we thank our major supporters. But back to the surprise.

He told me that I would be amazed to know the number of people who do not take the time to say "thanks." This couple are among those who have been blessed, and they are quick to share what they have with those deemed worthy of support. "They just expect it from us," he explained. "They don't feel that they have to thank us."

I immediately thought of the ten lepers.

As (Jesus) was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him...and called out..."...have pity on us!" When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.

One of them came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him---and he was a Samaritan.

Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?"

I hope to thank a lot of people this month, because this slump in the economy has really hit us! We need help now!

First, I thank our dear friends, mentioned above, who have given so much, never asking for thanks. You'll never know how much they have given to and done for us since they met our founder, the late Maurice Carter. And I'll never tell.

Second, I promise you that if you can squeeze a little out of your budget this month to keep us alive, you will be thanked!

As a matter of fact, THANK YOU for being on our network, and caring about our cause! THANK YOU for being a partner in an unpopular project! If you can do no more, THANK YOU for your prayers!

Doug Tjapkes, President
HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS
20 W. Muskegon Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49440

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread