Holding a tin cup

I'm begging today. Again.

It's a way of life here at HFP, because we always have needs. This one comes as regularly as the seasons. We need more copies of the book SWEET FREEDOM.

If you haven't read it, please pick up a copy. You'll then understand why it's so popular in prison. Prisoners love to read my stories about visits with my friend Maurice Carter when he was alive and in prison. They laugh when I talk about the vending machine food in the visiting room. The smell of the food made me sick. Yet Maurice loved the taste of it, because it was so much better than the prison meals. The book gets passed from one prisoner to another until the pages are frayed, and that makes me feel so good.

You've gotta remember that many of these people do not have much to read if anything at all, but they do have time. And if radio and TV are limited, and there isn't a lot of printed stuff to read, a book is precious, especially a book about the things they understand. And that's why we give away so many copies to prisoners, not only in Michigan, but all around the world.

It costs less than $300 to buy a carton of 52 books. I'll order another box just as soon as we get confirmation of a gift.

Meanwhile, don't wait for us to stock up. Go to Amazon, and even if you're broke you can buy a book from the used book division. You should be able to pick one up for a buck.

Get back to me after you read it. I would like to hear from you.

And if you're interested in funding this little project, let us hear from you right away.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread