On stepping into freedom

It was a three-hour drive.

It was worth it!

I was at a prison to welcome a woman as she walked from behind bars after nine years! We hugged.

I didn't know her well. Our paths crossed because of a mutual friend, who asked that we assist in solving a problem between the family and the state, prior to her release. We honored the request and we helped.

Said Ms. G: I am so thankful for your assistance and could not have done it without you. You have been such a Godsend to so many!

I had the pleasure of holding the front door of the prison as she took her first step into freedom!

As I was reading Psalm 68 this morning, I came across these words: He (God) leads out the prisoners with singing.

My mouth wasn't singing.

But my soul was!


Doug Tjapkes
HUMANITY FOR PRISONERS
PO Box 687
Grand Haven, MI 49417

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half-a-race!

Gregory John McCormick: 1964-2008

Three lives, connected by a divine thread